The K ‘n’ K team was recently in Anambra State and decided to sample one of the fast food outfits. Kitchen De Royale was highly recommended as not only being one of the most popular in Anambra State but also one of the best. Of course, this piqued our curiosity and we headed over for lunch to one of its outlets at 20 Igwe Orizu Road, Ezekwuabo Otolo, Nnewi. People of this world, the adjective “disappointed” really does not define the collective reaction we felt. Please see the assessment below:
- Forever Living products were boldly displayed for sale to and purchase by customers. The items included not the FAB energy drink (which we could possibly overlook) or items of similar nature, but syrup! Syrup and some other pharmaceutical products that are not even remotely associated with food! Like really? Shouldn’t that even be a regulatory infraction? NAFDAC and SON should please goan see.
- Most of the food showcases were empty. Some of the most ordered items were unavailable. It just is unforgivable that the stock of such “fast moving” items are depleted shortly past noon with no apparent effort to restock Customers who requested those items, received the default “it is finished” answer.
- Variety of drinks available was too limited – Malt, Fayrouz, Hollandia and alcoholic drinks (BTW do fast-food outfits sell alcoholic beverages). Only Fayrouz alone could be served chilled because the others were reportedly “not yet cold”.
- ACs were not working. The ACs were the type placed in the wall but some of the spaces in the wall were either vacant or the ACs in those wall spaces just didn’t work. It is hard to tell if they were turned off (which is very unlikely), or they just did not function. The team’s saving grace was the fortunate chilly weather.
- To further amusingly amaze us, their restroom left out the most essential factor -toilet paper! The team was and still is unable to confirm whether this was just an oversight or the “wickedness of people of this world”. Whatever the case, wrong move!
Despite the glaring affinity for mediocrity, we are not understanding why this fast-food outfit is still in business and perceived to be one of the hottest spots. We really cannot fathom it, but our guesses are:
- Absence of competent competition in the area.
- The customers themselves do not know any better. They settle for the limited options presented to them.
Kitchen De Royale scores an appalling 3/10 on the K ‘n’ K Wow-Meter.
What’s been your experience: deserving of some hard Knocks or worthy of Kudos? Please share with us in the comments below.